Pine Lake Prep, a North Carolina top rated charter school, is seeking an engaging and innovative Upper School Science Teacher (grades 9-12) for the 2023-2024 school year, who possesses a diverse skill set that will continue to strengthen our science program. This assignment may include AP Environmental Science, Earth & Environmental Science, and/or Biology. Ideal candidates will be innovative, creative and student centered, encouraging students’ critical thinking skills using project and problem-based teaching techniques.
Essential functions of teaching positions include:
· Designing instruction appropriate for all students that reflects understanding of relevant content and is based on continuous and appropriate assessment.
· Creating a classroom environment of respect and rapport that fosters a positive climate for learning, equity, and excellence.
· Promoting student learning by providing responsive instruction that makes use of effective communication techniques, instructional strategies that actively engage students in the learning process, and timely, high-qualify feedback.
· Fulfilling professional roles and responsibilities, and adhering to legal and ethical requirements of the profession.
· Understanding the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the discipline, making subject matter meaningful to students.
Candidates must hold a B.A./B.S. degree in teaching from an accredited institution and hold or be eligible to hold a NC Certification in teaching in the appropriate subject area.
Pine Lake Prep offers a competitive salary and benefits package, an exceptional work environment, and plentiful teacher development opportunities. Additionally, full-time employees of Pine Lake Prep may enroll their child(ren) into the school. At Pine Lake Prep, we take special pride in our unique way of teaching and learning. We provide top technology for teachers and promote teamwork and collaboration among staff and students.
Interested candidates should apply HERE.