In accordance with North Carolina General Statute 115C-218.45(f)(3)a, charter schools may give priority enrollment to children of the school's full-time employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Pine Lake Preparatory to follow Federal and State laws and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Interim Earth and Physical Science Teacher Needed
- Part Time Bus Drivers
- Part Time After School Teacher
- Substitute Teachers
Interim Earth and Physical Science Teacher Needed
Pine Lake Prep, a North Carolina A rated public charter school, is seeking an engaging and qualified Interim Upper School Science Teacher (grades 9-12) for the 2019-2020 school year. This position will teach Earth/Environmental Science and Physical Science.
Essential functions of teaching positions include:
· Designing instruction appropriate for all students that reflects understanding of relevant content and is based on continuous and appropriate assessment.
· Creating a classroom environment of respect and rapport that fosters a positive climate for learning, equity, and excellence.
· Promoting student learning by providing responsive instruction that makes use of effective communication techniques, instructional strategies that actively engage students in the learning process, and timely, high-qualify feedback.
· Fulfilling professional roles and responsibilities, and adhering to legal and ethical requirements of the profession.
· Understanding the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the discipline, making subject matter meaningful to students.
Candidates must hold a B.A./B.S. degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching, and NC Certification in teaching in the appropriate subject area.
The After3@PLP Extended Day Program is seeking a part-time after school teacher. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience teaching elementary level students in a public or private school setting or experience in a day care setting. Duties include developing lesson plans that engage each student and contribute to his/her academic, social and physical growth, providing homework assistance, providing for the general care and safety of children after school and other job related duties as directed.
This position is Monday-Friday, 2pm-6:15pm and additional required Teacher Work Days, 7:15am-3:15pm. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to rebecca.stratford@